All travellers who plan a trip to Iceland face the question as to how to plan the right set of tours to make their trip an unforgettable one and attain the best experiences for the least amount of money. If you are someone who also ponders upon questions like these and is quite picky about the details of his tour, then you have landed at the right place where you will find the best information on which adventure activities and tours you should follow upon whilst in Iceland.
The list here will provide you with all the information you require on popular tours in Iceland. Whether you are looking for a tour of the Golden Circle or the Northern Lights Viewing tour, Iceland private tour has in bucket something for everyone!
There are so many activities to be done all year round and I will try my best to provide you with information and much more on each specific activity.
You may find whales in many parts of the world but watching the big creature play a major role in people’s lives for centuries will be quite a sight for every traveller. The activity is one of the most affordable activities in Iceland and is suitable if you want to spend a couple of hours on Reykjavík’s harbour.
- There is no age limit for the activity and takes about three hours for whale watching.
- Peak season is around mid-February from Reykjavík and in December from Dalvik.
Dalvik is becoming one of the most popular places to spot whales up close and experience them in their natural habitat. This popular tour in Iceland will provide you with an experience that you will never forget.
Landmannalaugar Hiking and Hot Natural Spring Bathing
To reach the destination, you need to start driving along the South coast and then to the inland passing gorgeous waterfalls, snow-covered mountains, lava-fields and anything you wish to see in Iceland and enjoy your popular tour in Iceland.
Landmannalaugar provides a multi-colored heavenly geothermal experience and is surrounded by natural hot springs where you can bathe amidst epic mountains with a spectacular view that you might have only pictured before in your dreams.
- The age limit for such popular tours in Iceland is 10 years.
- It can take up to a full day starting early morning at 7 a.m. to make a complete back and forth trip to the destination and it can be visited throughout the year with arctic adventures.
- The best tour is from Reykjavík because you can enjoy the lookout of the window on your journey upon the breathtaking landscapes and unbelievable wonders of nature.
Northern Lights Exploration (During Winters)
Northern Lights can be experienced from Reykjavík or you can also join a Super Jeep Northern Lights tour to explore the multi-coloured heavenly lights away from the city lights.
Joining a longer multi-day popular tour in Iceland during winters can also be a good option if you enjoy bus tours, prefer a new company and are looking for a popular tour in Iceland.
- The age limit varies from none to 10 years depending on the activities that you choose to add to your tour and transportation.
- There is no fixed time for the tour; they can be as short as one evening or as long as five days.
- Only visible during the winter season from September to April.
These exceptional lights will get you from the gut if you are a first-timer. They can never be enough for anyone even if you have experienced them before!
Watching the lights dancing magically on a dark winter night will provide a breathtakingly beautiful experience in any popular tour in Iceland.
Inside a Volcano
The Icelanders like to call it an unbelievable wonder of nature filled with flowing hot lava and bursting up now and then. The Þríhnúkagígur offers an experience that you may not be able to find anywhere in the world.
The volcano has been completely silent for more than 4500 years and there is nothing to be scared about it.
The real uniqueness of this site is that you pay for going inside a live volcano. This is due to the fact that volcanoes usually fill up, close or merely vanish after an eruption but somehow this one didn’t!
Post eruption there was just this void in the rock and now you can enter and experience it yourself!
It is super deep, filled with variant colors and much fun. It can take for about 6 hours on a trip to this place and there is only one company available who offers this tour and at a specific price. They offer their services only from May to October and the age limit for this tour is 12 years and it stands out as one of the most popular tours in Iceland in all seasons.
The Blue Lagoon
We really cannot talk about Iceland without mentioning the Blue Lagoon, can we?
The Blue Lagoon may sound bizarre to people traveling to Iceland for the first time but this dynamite hot pool of magical blue water has become a symbol of purity, energy, and beauty for all travelers opting for a popular tour in Iceland. It is located in rugged mossy covered lava which synchronizes with its white silica mud and enhances the beauty of its vibrant light blue colors.
- Soaking in this water will cover your skin with silica and algae which is medically proven out to do wonders to your skin.
- It is a destination you simply cannot miss and one of the most popular tours in Iceland but also one that follows a strict timeline for everyone.
- The age limit is only 2 years old and it is advisable to bring your towel and shower sandals to the site.
To make your trip an unforgettable one, it is very important to incorporate popular tours in Iceland rightly in your schedule. The island itself has abundant landscapes and breathtaking views to offer but it can be quite tricky for someone to pick the right tours for himself if he has limited time and craves for a lot of fun. So it is very important to be prepared in advance.