Dry cough is a very common condition these days. Coughing is mostly experienced with seasonal changes but some underlying condition can also be responsible. As far as dry cough is concerned, it may be caused due to pollutants or allergens in the environment that enters the throat pipe or the lungs. Then it triggers the body to cough it out. So, the inflammation of the respiratory tract and the throat causes dry cough. It can last for a long time and eventually become chronic.
The symptoms of dry cough can vary from one person to another. A person may experience more than one symptom. The symptoms of dry cough may include frequent dry cough, burning sensation in the chest, production of phlegm, fever, irritability, dryness in the mouth, bitter taste, weakness, nausea etc.
Some kind of infection, pneumonia, sinusitis, inflammation in the throat etc., can cause dry coughing. However the major cause of dry cough is the inflammation in the throat due to pollutants or allergens. Dry coughs are also caused due to long time exposure to pollution, dust or toxic smoke. It is very important for you to have a strong immunity system to shield from this disease. Irregular lifestyle, poor nutrition, environmental toxicity etc. are can make you much more susceptible to this condition. Cough syrup torex is a effective herbal medicine that can help you to treat dry cough.
If you are suffering from infrequent dry cough then you need not worry about it too much. Some ayurvedic tips are mentioned below that can help you to treat dry cough effectively. But for frequent dry cough, it is advisable to visit the doctor as soon as possible.
- A glass of warm milk with honey and turmeric can be taken before bedtime. It acts as a natural antibiotic.
- Turmeric powder and honey mixed together can be taken three times a day. Also you can take liquorice lozenges which will help to reduce inflammation in the throat.
- You may use decoction of Ani seeds (Sauf) as the base water when you are making tea or coffee. You can also add a pinch of cinnamon powder in lukewarm water or in your tea. It will give you relief from throat irritability.
- Ginger and honey when mixed together can act as a natural cough syrup. You can make this by boiling a piece of ginger in water. Filter the water and mix 1 tablespoon of honey. The anti-inflammatory properties of ginger are very much effective in treating dry cough.
- Ginger tea or tea made using tulsi and honey is also a very effective ayurvedic treatment for dry cough. You can also chew tulsi leaves throughout the day and it will help you to recover faster.
Apart from the above mentioned ayurvedic tips, you can also massage various ayurvedic oils like sesame oil on the chest and it can provide a great amount of relief from dry cough. Torex Cough Syrup Company is very popular for their herbal cough syrup that can treat dry cough effectively.