A country like Australia enjoys the highest academic standards in the world. You too can become an imperative part of Australia’s academia quite easily. Thinking how? By applying for the Australian visa subclass 500 you can actualize this dream in the finest possible manner. So, how to apply for this visa successfully? What are the crucial pre-requisites pertaining to the student visa 500? These are some of the questions the answers to which you will get in the following write-up.
A look at the former student visas
The student visa 500 substituted a number of other visas which were in existence earlier. These include the 570,571,572,573,575,576 and 580 visas. Each of these visas was designed for a particular academic program. On 1st July, 2016 the student visa 500 came into effect. This visa replaced all the other erstwhile visas which were into existence before. It was launched as a result of Schedule 4 of the Migration Legislation Amendment. The best part is the student can study any possible course with this visa.
So, do you wish to obtain the student visa subclass 500 as well? Then, make sure that you have met the following eligibility criteria in the proper and expected way.
- You should prove that you possess sufficient welfare arrangements if you are below 18 years.
- As an applicant, you should at least be more than 6 years of age.
- You must hold the Overseas Student Health Cover except an exemption applies.
- The most important criterion is you should be enrolled for a valid course in Australia.
Apart from these fundamental criteria, there are some other criteria as well. What are those conditions and what are their individual significances can be considered below:
- You should obtain the Confirmation of Enrolment from your pertinent College/University. This will authenticate your enrolment for the academic course you have applied for.
- When studying in Australia with the subclass 500 student visa you should meet your necessary expenses by yourself. That‘s why while applying for this visa, you must prove that you are possessing sufficient funds for this.
- Successful application of the student visa 500 also requires you to be reasonably proficient in English. So, you must qualify in an authentic English language test to meet this criterion. To complete this successfully make sure you crack any of the English language exams successfully given in the bracket (TOEFL, PTE, IELTS, OET, and Cambridge English Test).
Remember, the moment your student visa becomes invalid you must leave Australia right then. It may happen that your visa has expired before you have completed your graduation. In that case, you can apply for a Visitor Visa (Subclass 600). This visa will allow you to complete your graduation while staying in Australia lawfully.
Eligible sectors of study
There are certain sectors in which the student is allowed to study while holding the student visa 500. Take a look at each of these sectors which have been outlined below.
- Any kind of full-time program which has been approved by the Department of Foreign Affairs of Defence.
- Different types of full-time courses and non-award studies which won’t get you an Australian accolade.
- Research during Post Graduation (This includes research while acquiring a Doctoral or Master’s Degree).
- Studies at the higher education level. Programs like higher education and advanced diploma, Bachelor’s Degree, associate degree, Master’s Degree via coursework are considered compatible.
- Different types of training and vocational programs.
- Permitted secondary and senior secondary school education programs, junior secondary, and primary programs can also be studied.
- ELICOS-English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students. This is basically a comprehensive course concerning the English language. The learner can study this course before beginning their actual course in Australia.
The total duration for which the student visa 500 remains valid is five years. Not only this, but the student can also bring their family members to Australia with this visa. The student can even work 40 hours every two weeks with this visa.
The cost of the student visa 500
As an applicant, you are allowed to apply for the student visa 500 while remaining outside Australia. The processing fee which you have to pay for this is AUD 620.
Temporary Graduate Visa 485: A convenient alternative
Are you continuing a diploma, undergraduate, or postgraduate level program from Australia? Then chances are there that you might need to stay back in the country for more than five years. Again, the student visa subclass 500 allows you to stay in Australia for only five years. In that case, you can apply for the Temporary Graduate Visa 485. This visa lets you stay in Australia for 2 to 4 years more. As a result, you can complete your course in a successful manner.
Engineering students can apply for visa subclass 476
Engineering students who are holding the Student visa subclass 500 can apply for visa subclass 476. This visa also lets you extend your stay in Australia after your graduation’s completion.
While holding this visa you can travel to and from Australia as many times as you want. You can also bring your partner and his/her or your children to Australia. The only criterion is each of the children has to be less than 18 years of age. Besides, the validity of your visa will depend on the duration and type of your course.
Get the best immigration assistance!
So, are you all set and ready to apply for the student visa 500? Then, only the best migration agent Adelaide can provide you the finest assistance in this regard. An immigration agent Adelaide has the knowledge and expertise to ensure a stress-free visa application for you.