The inventory registers the goods and materials that a company owns in a detailed, ordered and valued manner. Therefore, it is a priority form of control in a multitude of sectors in which any type of physical merchandise is manufactured, stored or distributed. An inventory may contain raw materials, work in process and finished products available for sale.
Barcodes are a fundamental tool to improve all processes in your company and avoid mistakes.
Based on its definition, the barcode is a combination of letters and numbers that allows the identification of a product, asset or person to carry out certain actions or operations in specific processes. The barcode reader will be in charge of decoding and transmitting the content of the code to a particular device such as a computer, a scale, a cell phone or a Tablet.
Some still remember how we admired the memory capacity of cashiers in supermarkets or best sweet shop billing software in Mohali: how they quickly reached with any hand any product from the assortment of the conveyor belt, while with the other hand keyed in the price, without a label on the packaging! Since the turn of the millennium, cash registers with scanners have also conquered all stores and the so-called EAN code, the most famous of several established barcodes, can no longer be missing in any product.
Meanwhile, barcodes have not only simplified purchasing, but also all production processes and logistics management in commerce and industry. But regardless of the environment in which barcodes are scanned by scanning devices, print quality and stored code must work first time. The quality of the barcode has become a critical element in various process chains.
Choose the right barcode label printing solution for your business needs
The first step in adopting this new inventory control system is to ensure the quality of the barcode. It is convenient to choose the most appropriate label to meet the requirements of use in terms of durability and readability, as well as to select the best barcode printer in Mohali with the speed that best suits the needs of the company.
Benefits of using the barcode to control inventory
- Avoid human error and time saving. By not having to enter data manually, the chances of error are reduced. In addition, it will save time since no employee will have to enter the data manually or correct possible errors.
- It is easy to use. Although the company is made up of personnel accustomed to other inventory methods, implementing control using the barcode is very simple, since it does not require advanced technological knowledge. In addition, it requires less training time, since less participation is required in the process, which becomes more automated.
- It is a system that saves costs. Mainly, because it does not require a large investment to carry it out. Barcodes are easy to design and implement and cost very little compared to the benefits it brings, such as reducing costs and time, resulting in greater business productivity.
- It is versatile. Barcodes can contain any type of data and can generally be attached to any surface.
- Improve inventory control. Once a barcode is scanned and added to a particular database, valuable inventory status information is obtained, such as shipping, receiving, and inventory quantities.
- Improve decision making. Thanks to the speed and reliability with which this system provides inventory status data, decision making can be done more quickly and accurately, resulting in long-term money savings.