Most sales people are working themselves to death running around like insane people trying to increase sales through sheer activity. This makes some sales people feel important and productive, and others burned-out and frustrated. Either way it’s a very ineffective approach that doesn’t increase sales, especially sales people working for a glass protective film supplier.
Instead of spinning your wheels stop all the unnecessary activity and focus on activities that produce results. This will allow you to easily increase sales, and enjoy the fruits of your labor.
Increase your Sales Effectively
Here are 13 plus ways to effectively increase sales:
- Stop wasting your time and energy on suspects. Salespeople who chase down suspects consistently have a 20% close ratio while their top producer counterparts enjoy 90% close ratios. Start pre-qualifying all prospects to make sure you’re only investing your appointment time with those prospects that are highly qualified. You’ll immediately see a spike in your sales ratio.
- Spend the bulk of your time on the activities that directly make you money either now, or in the immediate future. You need to make sales now, however, you also need to set yourself up for future sales or your sale funnel will dry up and so will your bank account. Keep your focus on the activities that increase your sales now and later, and ruthlessly cut out other extraneous activities.
- Stop using a vanilla message in a shock-jock world. You don’t want to scream ridiculous claims. You do want to have a message that tells the people you want to work with exactly what you do that resolves an immediate concern they have. Your message should resonate with them and simply communicate that you understand their problem.
- Establish a unique position for yourself in the market place. One of the worst things you can try to do is take on your number one competitor directly. Instead find an area they aren’t known for and position yourself as the expert or best option in that area.
- Identify a specific group of people who have the greatest potential as qualified prospects for you. Learn as much as you can about them so you know what they want, how they talk about it, and the easiest way to connect with them.
- Consistently take actions to market yourself each and every day. Never allow a day to pass that you aren’t doing something to attract the people you want to work with to you.
- Stop cold calling. Cold calling is a quick way to burn through a bunch of highly qualified prospects who will now never want to have anything to do with you.
- Develop a sales plan down to the level of the actions you’ll take each day. Adjust and adapt your plan until it produces the results you want.
- Develop a marketing campaign to move highly qualified prospects from a complete stranger to new client. This will require a multi-step approach that adds value to the prospect and deepens your connection.
- Eliminate the words “I” and “we” from your vocabulary in all communications with your prospects. Focus on “you”, the interests of the prospects and you’ll immediately become more attractive and interesting to them.
- Develop a marketing plan to consistently, predictably, and profitably generate highly qualified prospects.
- Stop all marketing expenditures that don’t pay for themselves and replace them with direct response marketing. Direct response marketing pays for itself by producing highly qualified prospects for your sale funnel.
- Track and measure all your sales and marketing efforts so you can focus on your return on your investment for all activities. The more time you spend on the things that increase sales the more your sales will increase.
You can increase sales without working harder or having a big marketing budget. In fact, many of the best marketing plans are implementable at nearly no cost. Overcome your fear of change and increase sales by removing the things that don’t work from your activities, and substituting new activities that produce results.